Business Office Internship
Division: Corporate - Brookings, SD
1313 Western Avenue, Brookings
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Routine Business Office Activities
1. Greets guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner and directs them to the appropriate area or individual.
2. Professionally answers, screens and routes incoming calls appropriately.
3. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail, scans and faxes.
4. Reviews and routes incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
5. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials and routes appropriately.
6. Creates and develops agendas, notices, and minutes for meetings as requested.
7. Composes and prepares routine and confidential correspondence, quote letters, reports and other complex documents.
8. Organizes and maintains file system, correspondence and other records.
9. Responsible for the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution management of office supplies.
10. Arranges for office equipment maintenance; serves as contact person for office equipment contracts.
11. Serves as the contact person for facility vending.
12. Assists in maintaining supplies, funds and recordkeeping of postage machine.
13. Oversee petty cash funds and transactions.
14. Supports facility departments with ordering of miscellaneous supplies, upon request.
15. Assists in the coordination of travel schedules, registrations and reservations as requested.
16. Partner with Sales and Marketing Director with support on special projects and routine marketing efforts. (including social media strategies)
17. Partner with Office Manager to support Employee Relations Team and activities.
18. Partner with VP of Corporate Affairs to support Safety & Health committee activities and overall programs.
19. Author, compile and distribute monthly newsletter.
20. Coordinates meetings and events, reserves and prepares facilities, sets up meeting rooms, facilitates catering arrangements, managing invitations and guest lists as requested.
21. Assists Corporate Managers and HR teams with special events, projects, programs and initiatives.
22. Assist with the coordination of company events to include Recognition Banquets, Downtown at Sundown and Customer Appreciation events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Safety ResponsibilitiesAs an employee at Falcon Plastics, safety must be reflected as a priority in your performance at all times. It is expected that this position is responsible for working safely and reporting any unsafe work habits or conditions to a supervisory member, Human Resource professional or a member of the Safety and Health Committee.
Training Requirements: Successful completion of the following in-house training is required for this position:
New Employee Orientation, Administrative Training Checklist
Education and/or Experience: Must have completed 1 year or more of a business related degree.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Must possess current driver's license.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Software Knowledge: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Enterprise IQMS Manufacturing software and an individual must be proficient in the use of Email, Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint applications.
Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Remains professional at all times.
Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
Professionalism- Reacts well under pressure.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity -Completes work in timely manner.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Dependability- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.