Machine Operator-Lexington, TN
Division: Lexington, TN
230 Budcrocket Dr, Lexington
Summary of Job Responsibilities : Monitors injection molding equipment, inspects product and completes packaging instructions to cast products from thermoplastic materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Close safety gate to close dies and inject plastics into dies for casting parts
2. Remove finished products from dies, possibly using hand tools
3. Removes metal inserts from parts
4. Trims excess material from parts, using knifes, clippers or other hand tools
5. Checks parts for visual defects
6. Grinds scrap plastic for re-use. Empty grinder bins into correct material containers
7. Maintains consistent cycle times
8. Cleans and maintains their work area including vacuum grinders, clean presses, sweep or mop floor
9. Set up or remove equipment for production run
10. Weighs parts on scale
11. Performs basic measurements on parts as required
12. Knowledge of secondary operations and procedures
13. Fill hoppers when needed
14. Maintains production records and documentation.
15. Performs basic inspection measurements and identification of defects.
Supervisory Responsibilities : This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Safety Responsibilities :As an employee at Falcon Plastics safety must be reflected as a priority in your performance at all times. Responsible for working safely and reporting any unsafe work habits or conditions to a supervisory member, Human Resource professional or a member of the Safety and Health Committee.
Education and/or Experience :
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.