Division: Madison, SD
605 SW 7th St, Madison
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Serves as primary contact to the customer and works directly with customers to resolve design or process issues.
2. Coordinates with internal departments to assure customers satisfaction on existing products and a smooth and efficient introduction of new products and revisions into production.
3. Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge on scientific molding concepts, materials, tooling, mold design, quality and secondary operations.
4. Participates in new product development and generates initial part and tooling design work as needed.
5. Obtains initial specification from customers concerning product quality and packaging.
6. Assists production in the development of initial work instructions.
7. Enters initial B.O.M. standards for molded parts and assemblies based on information from sales and the customer.
8. Assists in the development of the initial quality plan, and inspection instructions. Then transfers that information to the Quality Department to ensure a consistent and high level of quality that meets customer standards.
9. Works with QA & production to define specifications as needed.
10. Assists with QA and production in resolving debates on the disposition of non-conforming product.
11. Assists management and sales in generating and providing production quotes to customers.
12. Generates sample requests with clearly stated objectives and direction.
13. Responsible for coordinating and scheduling product samples and molding trials in an organized fashion that will meet customer, production, and product development requirements as needed.
14. Participates in Customer Task Force meetings for assigned customers.
15. Works to resolve issues on new products and assists other department as requested by Plant Manager.
16. Responsible for identifying cost saving ideas for customers and Falcon Plastics and follows through with implementation and maintenance of the programs/processes.
17. Work with suppliers to sample replacement material.
18. Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints.
19. Maintains hard copy and electronic files relating to new products.
20. Must understand fundamentals of electricity, pneumatics, hydraulics, programming, material properties, and general automation principles and have the ability to apply this knowledge when needed.
21. Coordinates work with outside vendors to perform tooling work when necessary.
22. Makes routine, periodic or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of machinery and equipment.
23. Work with Solidworks to review design and develop customer prints, internal improvement projects and plant layouts..
24. Responsible for acquiring tool room quotes and follow-up of completed tool room work as needed. (Project Management)
25. Generates requisitions for Materials and supplies as needed.
26. Develops timelines in order to complete high priority projects within specified time limits.
27. Responsible for developing jig, gauges, and fixtures to aid other departments as needed.
28. Utilize IQMS for maintaining part standards, developing process management in regards to real time, reporting and inventory management by helping to implement IQMS programs.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Safety Responsibilities :
As an employee at Falcon Plastics safety must be reflected as a priority in your performance at all times. Listed below are some of the performance expectations of you in your position.
1. Responsible for working safely and reporting any unsafe work habits or conditions to a supervisory member, Human Resource professional or a member of the Safety and Health Committee.
2. Responsible for working safely, modeling safe work practices and enforcing safety rules.
3. Responsible to adhere to all departmental safety rules and procedures (Sup. Personnel)
Education and/or Experience :
Bachlor’s degree (BA) from a 4 year College or University and 2-4 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements : Successful completion of the following training is required:
New Employee Orientation Checklist Manufacturing Engineer Checklist
Language Skills :
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills :
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus to effectively develop packaging standards and inspection of product samples.
Software Knowledge :
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have profieicent skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Work, Powerpoint), design software such as Solidworks, ERP System - IQMS and effective use of software tools to manage projects.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations :
Valid Drivers License
Other Skills and Abilities :
Must possess a a high degree of organization skill
Other Qualifications :
Willingness to gain qualifications relevant to the position as required (i.e. 6-Sigma Training, etc..)