Division: Lexington, TN
230 Budcrocket Dr, Lexington
Job Summary. Molding Technician - 3rd shift. This position is responsible for the set up, start up and troubleshooting of the molding work cells.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reads set up and quality instructions and work orders for specifications of job set up, quality specification and work order standards.
2. Starts up machine to obtain start up work piece(s) and communicates with Shift Supervisor to obtain approval of acceptable product per customer specifications.
3. Completes all recordkeeping and documentation of process and start up procedures.
4. Troubleshoots the injection molding process by making the appropriate adjustments to the machine.
5. Accurately and efficiently positions, aligns and bolts molds to injection molding machine and connects waterlines, mold heaters, temperature controllers and hydraulics as outlined in set up instructions.
6. Sets up and cleans hoppers and other equipment to avoid contamination and to prepare raw materials for processing.
7. Sets up fixtures, work tables, box holders, sonic welders, hot stampers, additive feeders and other appropriate equipment.
8. Responsible for the quality level of the raw materials (includes drying material) used in the injection process to assure quality product.
9. Develops processing knowledge of materials, additives and dyes through on the job training and application.
10. Dismantle set up and puts equipment and tools in their proper storage area.
11. Cleans, sprays and transports molds to racks for storage on a daily basis.
12. Responsible for sampling of new jobs.
13. Reports needs for mold or assembly line repairs to appropriate personnel and/or immediate supervisor.
14. Actively assists in maintaining production goals.
15. Assists in weighing, counting, inventory reporting, packing and storage of finished product.
16. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement, 5's principles by offering suggestions for improvement and playing an active role in the implementation of improvements.
Education / Experience:
High school diploma and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. To be successful the candidate must have a work history of good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills.
Status: Fulltime Regular
We offer a competitive benefit package that includes affordable medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage, paid time off, holidays, 401(k) plan with matching employer funds, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing bonus plan, paid disability and life insurance, and safety, health and wellness programs.
3rd Shift = Mon - Fri 11:45am-8:15am