Division: Corporate - Brookings, SD
1313 Western Avenue, Brookings
Summary: The successful candidate will fulfill a strategic and analytical leadership role that is committed to discovering cost-effective agreements and building relationships with suppliers that support the long term growth of the organization and our customers. Leading initiatives engaged in the ongoing development and support of strong procurement processes, planning and inventory management throughout our four divisions is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Analyzes market and delivery condition to determine present and future material availability.
2. Partners with key company personnel (Engineering / Sales / Product Development) to recommend use of alternative parts, materials, or manufacturing methods to reduce costs.
3. Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, international freight and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
4. Partners with key company personnel on the quoting, development and implementation of new products and/or customers.
5. Takes a leadership role and is actively engaged in continuous improvement projects.
6. Confers with vendors and analyzes vendor's operations to determine factors that affect prices.
7. Conducts markets research and provide information to help make informed decision based on market supply and pricing.
8. Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
9. Partner with immediate supervisor and Plant Managers to establish effective systems and operating procedures to provide materials at the lowest ultimate cost.
10. Develops purchasing strategies to help meet budgetary and operational requirements.
11. Designs, implements, manages and monitors inventory and purchasing reporting systems to meet organizational requirements and goals.
12. Ensures payment terms are managed to help with cash flow.
13. Effectively utilizes and develops ERP processes to plan and forecast procurement needs.
14. Evaluates vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiations and purchasing techniques to ensure quality price, delivery and service.
15. Utilize and maintain a vendor rating system in negotiations with suppliers and as a tool to assure that the product is available for production.
16. Monitors and responds appropriately to price changes keeping Plant Managers and immediate supervisor informed.
17. Monitors progress on suggested alternative parts, materials or methods to reduce costs.
18. Assures and manages records and procedures in compliance with ISO requirements.
19. Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
20. Takes a leadership role with the analysis, monitoring and implementing cost reduction measures of the company's energy costs and similar expenses.
21. Completes standard change forms and other recordkeeping items when appropriate.
22. Provides supplier information and negotiated pricing for corporate level purchasing items to the designated facility individual for buying purposes.
23. Provide active benchmarking data and analysis to ensure the company achieves continued value, creativity, flexibility, and sustainability across the entire supply chain.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience :
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from 4 year college or university and 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Software Knowledge :
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient skills in Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and effective use of our ERP system software - IQMS.