Division: Madison, SD
605 SW 7th St, Madison
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Reads set up and quality instructions and work orders for specifications of job set up, quality specification and work order standards.
2. Starts up machine to obtain start up work piece(s) and communicates with QA Supervisor or Shift Supervisor/QA to obtain approval of acceptable product per customer specifications.
3. Documents start up process and/or process changes in the press set up notebooks and daily records machine cycle times.
4. Troubleshoots the injection molding and blow molding process by making the appropriate adjustments to the machine.
5. Accurately and efficiently positions, aligns and bolts molds to injection molding machine and connects waterlines, mold heaters, temperature controllers and hydraulics as outlined in set up instructions.
6. Sets up and cleans hoppers and other equipment to avoid contamination and to prepare raw materials for processing.
7. Sets up fixtures, work tables, box holders, sonic welders, hot stampers, additive feeders and other appropriate equipment.
8. Performs daily assembly line set ups and teardown including sonic welders, machine cleaning and auxiliary equipment set-ups.
9. Troubleshoots assembly equipment and make repairs as needed.
10. Must keep assembly lines stocked on an hourly basis.
11. Responsible for the quality level of the raw materials (includes drying material) used in the injection process to assure quality product.
12. Develops processing knowledge of materials, additives and dyes.
13. Dismantle set up and puts equipment and tools in their proper storage area.
14. Cleans, sprays and transports molds to racks for storage on a daily basis.
15. Responsible for sampling of new jobs.
16. Must understand and apply scientific molding principles.
17. Must be cross trained in injection molding, blow molding, and assembly areas.
18 Reports needs for mold or assembly line repairs to appropriate personnel and/or immediate supervisor.
19. Actively assists in maintaining production goals.
20. Assists in weighing, counting, inventory reporting, packing and storage of finished product.
21. Relieves operators for duties during rest periods.
22. Responsible for keeping a clean and organized work area.
23. Possess knowledge and assists in the implementation of SPC and various Statistical methods.
24.Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement, Total Productivity, 5's principles by offering suggestions for improvement and playing an active role in the implementation of improvements.