Sales Account Manager
Division: Corporate - Brookings, SD
1313 Western Avenue, Brookings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains communication with assigned customers and prospective customer through personal visits, email, telephone and other agreed upon methods.
- Generate new business from existing and potential customers to meet annual sales goals.
- Partner with immediate supervisor to establish, track and monitor annual sales goals and account management activities.
- Highly engaged in the pursuit and execution of meeting annual sales goals.
- Complies lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on market and industry information and other agreed upon sources.
- Assist in developing policies to achieve organization goals.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Travels regularly through assigned territories to call on regular and prospective customers to develop relationships and solicit orders.
- Delivers sales presentations to prospective and current customers.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Represents the organization at industry association meetings and trade shows to promote product with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Coordinates the use of internal technical resources for sales presentations.
- Assists in the monitoring of the market position of competing products, services and organizations and evaluates their marketing and sales techniques.
- Reviews production costs, product quality, and delivery methods to assure understanding and competitiveness with sales quotes and purchasing functions.
- Through consultation with Director of Sales and Plant Managers, prepares product and service quotes for customers, using estimation of market conditions and all relative cost factors to produce a competitive quote.
- Maintains awareness of current market conditions to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates. Paying close attention to product pricing when raw material costs increase.
- Assists with the smooth and efficient communication and introduction of new jobs and product revisions to the facility, including customer training within the assigned business unit(s).
- Develops and maintains relationships with Purchasing Manager and any external purchasing contacts.
- Establishes business relationships with assigned customers and suppliers and ensures they are managed effectively.
- When necessary, investigates and assists to resolve customer problems. Provide solutions to customers in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers in to CRM.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Assures that continuous improvement and development are incorporated in the goals and activities of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains a high level engagement and relationship building with purchasers and key officers of all account assignments.
- Regularly report on status of new prospects, current accounts, and metrics.
- Set up and regularly track sales account activities and targets through CRM tool.
Supervisory Responsibilities : There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Education and/or Experience : A Bachelor's degree (B. A./ B.S.) from a 4 year college or university and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- The highest level of professionalism and integrity is required.
- Some routine overnight travel is required. An estimated 50% of time will be spent outside of the office.
- External candidates will be subject to a background check, including DMV check meeting the requirements of current policy.
Training Requirements : Successful completion of the following training is required:
New Employee Orientation, Position Specific Checklist, 90 day Orientation, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communication
Computer / Software Knowledge : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Microsoft Internet software and a good working knowledge of the IQMS Manufacturing software and Salesforce CRM.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : A valid driver’s license is required.