Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Completes preventative maintenance on molds and components as needed.
2. Fits and assembles parts into complete mold assembly.
3. Verifies dimensions and alignment of mold assembly.
4. Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, molds and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
5. Develops specifications from general description and draws sketches of part or product to be fabricated.
6. Confers with production personnel, supervisor, other toolmakers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
7. Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
8. Grinds, files, and sands parts to fit parts for assembly and to polish smooth and finish cavity.
9. Reads basic blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, or specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
10. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and EDMs.
11. Calculates and set controls for routine machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
12. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
13. Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings
14. Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma/GED and job related experience and/or training preferred; equivalend combination of education and expereince.